Blazing New TRAILS
We're very excited to announce a huge collaborative effort between Mansfield Library and the libraries of fifteen other colleges and universities in Montana. We call the group TRAILS (Treasure State Academic Information & Library Services). The TRAILS libraries are working together to share resources and more economically provide high-quality information, including articles, journals, e-books, print books, and audiovisual materials, to a greater number of Montana students, faculty, staff and researchers. We are all migrating from our various older library catalogs to a single next-generation library system. On December 16th our library will be connected to every other library catalog in the TRAILS consortium. As a result, you will have a much wider choice of materials at your fingertips!
But what does that mean for you right now? Most likely, you will not notice any differences when you search for materials because the interface will stay the same. However, there are some things to be aware of.
- Our older "traditional catalog" will be retired at the end of Fall Semester. If you rely on the traditional catalog for your research, please be in touch!
- During the migration process, there might be some inconsistencies in the library search results. Notably:
- Starting December 9th, item availabilities might be incorrect. Contact us to verify if an item is available to check out.
- Starting December 9th, you will not be able to place holds on materials.
- On December 16th when you search the new library catalog, it will search materials owned by every member of the TRAILS consortium, not just the University of Montana, Missoula. Use the left-hand facets to narrow your search results to materials in your library if you need an item right away (see screenshot). Otherwise just click the Request link in a search result and we will get it for you!
Again, it is unlikely you will perceive these major changes to the library. But in the case that you have any difficulty, please contact us. We're here to help!