The Mansfield Library Mission statement
In support of the University of Montana-Missoula’s mission to pursue academic excellence, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library facilitates the intellectual and creative pursuits of all members of the University community and supports their informational, educational and cultural development as global citizens.
This policy details the conduct that allows the patrons of the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library to use its facilities and programs in a safe, pleasant environment, conducive to study and research.
Individual user expectations must be balanced by and consistent with the use of the ethical principles set forth by the University and with accepted community standards. The following guidelines are the responsibility of all library users.
- Interact courteously with other users and library staff.
- Comply with circulation and use policies of library materials.
- Maintain a reasonably quiet environment in research and study areas.
- Maintain a clean environment.
- Use only covered beverage containers.
- In no way attempt to circumvent or weaken the security or integrity of the information technology environment.
- Provide photo identification for access to certain library collections.
- Respect intellectual property including copyright.
- Maintain the arrangement of furniture and equipment not designed to be moved.
- Place personal items in a manner that allows safe passage down aisles and between book stacks.
- Maintain individual privacy of users by obtaining permission from the Administration Office to take photos or create video in the library.
- Respect use policy of specialized rooms and equipment including, but not limited to, Quick Print, Express print, Scanning Stations, One Button Studio.
The following behaviors will not be tolerated within the Mansfield Library.
- creating a disturbance by yelling, running, throwing objects, or otherwise disrupting the learning environment, or the safety or work of library employees
- personal attacks through language or actions
- harassment or intimidation
- threats to persons or property
- illegal substance use or alcohol use except as expressly permitted
When library users do not comply with these guidelines, they may be asked to leave the library or be escorted from the building by Campus Police. Repeated violations of library policies may lead to individuals being banned from entering the library.