STUDENT LEARNING CENTER (Mansfield Library, Level 2, MLIB283)
Can I use the Student Learning Center?
The Student Learning Center has been designated for library instruction and is primarily for use by library personnel. Instruction is the first priority and therefore the room may not be available for meetings.
The University of Montana faculty, staff, and students may reserve the room on a non-recurring basis. The room may be reserved no more than seven days in advance.
How big is the Student Learning Center?
Fire code sets a room capacity of 49 people.
What kind of furniture and equipment is available in the Student Learning Center?
The Student Learning Center is a smart classroom intended for hands-on instruction that provides students wireless access and access to networked computers. There are:
- 30 networked computer stations
- One additional networked station with disability accommodations (equipment and software)
- One networked instructor station
- A projector and projection screen
- One color and one black and white printer
How do I schedule the Student Learning Center?
- ENEX 101 instructors contact the Information Center desk at 243-6866.
- FIG Leaders contact Julie Edwards at 243-4505.
- All faculty instruction requests are referred to the appropriate liaison librarian or to the Library Instruction Coordinator at 406.243.4335 for scheduling.
- To request non-instructional use of the room, contact the Library Administrative Office at 406.243.6800 no more than seven days in advance.
What do I need to know to access the room and use its equipment?
- A key is required to access the room.
- The key can be checked out at the Library’s Circulation Desk directly before your scheduled meeting or event.
- The key will be checked out only to the individual under whose name the reservation was booked. GrizCard identification is required.
- The individual named on the reservation is responsible for locking the room for any time period when the room is empty.
- The key must be returned to the Circulation Desk immediately following the event/meeting and may incur fines if not returned at the scheduled time.
- Technical support for Library equipment in the Buckhous room is provided by the Library’s Technology and Systems Services. For assistance during a session call the Circulation Supervisor on duty at extension 4071 or visit the Information Center Desk located in the main lobby (third level).
Return to Use of UM Mansfield Library Meeting Rooms.