We serve as a convenient print, copy, and scan venue for students, faculty, and staff of The University of Montana in support of their learning, teaching, and research activities.
Current Students, faculty, staff and sponsored affiliates of The University of Montana are eligible for UM Pricing. We adhere to the policies and procedures of the Mansfield Library and The University of Montana (see links below).
- Montana University System Board of Regents Policy 1909: Competition with the Private Sector
- University of Montana Policy 303.1.1: Purchasing - Printing & Publication Services
Our Employee Vision
To be the most welcoming and helpful staff on campus, get along with each other, have a good time at work and deliver excellent customer service.
Our Employee Profile
We employ dozens of student employees who are both work study and non work study. These employees work in the Paw Print abd Circulation Departments. The student employees are supervised by eight staff members between the two departments.
The Paw Print @ The Mansfield Library prints the vast majority of items on recycled paper. We currently use 30% recycled paper for all letter sized black and white copies/prints, 50% recycled paper for all sizes of color prints and copies. Our legal sizes are 50% recycled. All future standard paper products purchased will be non-virgin whenever possible.
The Paw Print actively recycles everything that we can.
- Waste paper is reused or recycled.
- The library uses unwanted prints to create notepads for library staff and for scrap paper for the public. If we can not reuse the paper, it is sent to campus recycling.
- Xerox components and consumables are sent back to Xerox to be recycled, reused or safely disposed of.
- Art ink cartidges are recyled
- Cardboard paper boxes are offered to staff members or library patrons for use and recycled if unwanted.
- All photocopy and photographic equipment are EnergyStar compliant
- All machines that are not necessary for immediate operations are turned off
- Use of surge protectors that prevent phantom power loss
The Paw Print has reduced interior lighting levels by 55%.
Output Options and Waste Print Prevention
All printers (except the art printers and engineering printer) can print double sided. The Paw Print encourages all available means to save paper
- Printers are defaulted to double sided.
- The Paw Print reduces the price per page on double sided printing/copying to encourage paper conservation.
- Print and copy jobs can be formatted to print multiple original pages onto a single sheet of paper.
- The Paw Print manages the majority of print queues. Print jobs are paused unless requested by a patron, reducing waste by preventing unwanted jobs from being printed.