I. The Mansfield Library Mission statement
In support of The University of Montana's mission to provide a quality-based learning and research environment, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library will provide users the dynamic services essential to identify and access information.
This policy details the conduct that allows the patrons of the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library to use its facilities and programs in a safe, pleasant environment, conducive to study and research.
III. Patron Conduct
Individual user expectations must be balanced by and consistent with the use of the ethical principles set forth by the University and with accepted community standards. The following guidelines are the responsibility of all library users.
- Interact courteously with other users and library staff.
- Comply with circulation policies of library materials.
- Maintain a reasonably quiet environment in research and study areas.
- Maintain a clean environment.
- Use only covered beverage containers.
- In no way attempt to circumvent or weaken the security or integrity of the information technology environment.
- Provide photo identification for access to certain library collections.
- Respect intellectual property including copyright.
The following behaviors will not be tolerated within the Mansfield Library:
- disruptive behavior
- offensive behavior
- personal attacks
- threats to persons or property
- illegal substance use
IV. Library Procedures
When library users do not comply with these guidelines, they will be asked to leave the library or Campus Police will be contacted.